Start an essay with a quote example
UNC Writing Center Right after start an essay with a quote example title is the introductory paragraph.
- Why is it that the people who influence us most influence us in ways that are not easily quantified?
- Moreover, if your reader senses that you attained most of your maturity at the beginning of high school, he or she might be less than impressed with your character development.
- Iran was in deep political turmoil when I left, as it is today.
You want start your paper on a positive note by putting forth the best writing possible. Like exaample the title, you can wait to write your introductory paragraph until you are done with the body of the paper.
As a writer, your first priority is to make sure that you are keeping your audience in mind and writing for them and to them. The key is to make sure that you clearly show how the quote is relevant to your essay. It says, "This is what it is like to be me. Immediately, I realized that I s dedicate my life to understanding the causes of the universe's beauty.
Some people prefer to do it this way since they want to know exactly where their paper goes before they make an introduction to it. When you write your introductory paragraph is a matter of personal preference.
Your introductory paragraph needs to accomplish three main things: There are a variety of ways this can be achieved. Some writers find it useful to put a quote at the beginning of the introductory paragraph.
I'm sure great essays can be started with quotations, because link are so many great quotes to be found, and I hope someone will present examples. Thanks for the input, i was leaning towards starting with 2 also but your suggestion sounds a lot better. Immediately, I realized that I must dedicate my life to understanding the causes of the universe's beauty. Several options for introducing the quotation are available to you: Different people will have different viewpoints. It is August 31, the market is down over points and the value of my stock portfolio is falling fast. An online MLA quote looks like this:
This is often an effective way of getting the attention of your reader: This introduction has set off the paper with an interesting quote and makes the reader want to continue reading. Notice how this introduction also helps frame the paper. Another common method of opening a paper is to provide a startling statistic or fact.
- Your basic academic introduction or thesis statement is best used as the follow-up sentence to one of the more creative introductions described below.
- Determine whether the audience will be familiar with the person who you are quoting.
- By not building up to the story, it forces the reader to read on to find out not only the significance of this moment in time, but what led up to and followed it.
This approach is most useful in essays that relate to current issues, rather than English or scientific essays. Now your reader is expecting to read an essay on cigarette advertising laws.
The previous sample introduction dith a general sentence at the beginning that bring up a very broad topic: From there, the introductory paragraph whittles down to something more specific: Try to avoid the some of the more hackneyed openers: